14.1 C
New York
Thursday, June 8, 2023

Yanukovych did not understand: NBU allowed not to pay 129 million to bankrupt Radical Bank

Must read

I am James Novak, a passionate and experienced news writer with the ultimate goal of delivering the most accurate and timely information to my readers. I work in the news department at a website dedicated to providing reliable and up-to-date information about technology. My articles are widely circulated, often featured on major publications, and have been read by millions of people around the world. With over four years of writing experience in various fields such as tech startups, industry trends, cybersecurity, AI/ML advances, and more, I bring an informed perspective to all topics I write on. Beyond my published work online and in print media outlets, I'm also an avid speaker at local events where I share my insights on current issues related to technology.

The Supreme Court of Ukraine has ended the cases that have been going on since 2018.

On August 19, the Supreme Court annulled the collection of UAH 128.9 million from the National Bank of Ukraine. in favor of the owners of the decommissioned Radikal Bank. This was reported by the press service of the NBU.

“The Supreme Court annulled the decision of the Kyiv Economic Court of January 21, 2020 and the decision of the Northern Economic Court of Appeal of September 8, 2020 in favor of the PJSC shareholder from the Central Bank. In the statement, the “Radical Bank” was awarded UAH 128.9 million It was stated that the value was withdrawn from the market and it was decided to reject the claim.

It is stated that the decision of the Supreme Court is final and not subject to appeal.

According to the NBU, Radical Bank’s main shareholders were the son of the Chairman of the Supervisory Board Maxim Shpak (71% of shares) and the chairman of the board of directors Anri Veremiychenko (20% of shares). In total, they owned 91% of the bank’s shares through the Industrial Innovation Company. The “Radical Bank” is also linked to the circle of fugitive President Viktor Yanukovych.

The bank itself was declared bankrupt seven years ago. Recall that in the fall of 2015, the Central Bank decided to revoke the banking license and liquidate Radical Bank due to a single gross violation of the law in the field of cash circulation, which poses a threat to the interests of depositors or other creditors. bank.

In 2018, a shareholder of Radical Bank PJSC sued the National Bank of Ukraine for compensation for material damage. In January 2020, the Kyiv Commercial Court complied with the bank shareholder’s requests and allowed the National Bank to recover property damage in favor of the Industrial Innovation Company in the amount of UAH 128.9 million. In September of the same year, the decision of the capital’s Economic Court was upheld by the Northern Economic Court of Appeal.

Earlier, Focus reported that the Central Bank has decided to revoke the license and liquidate Megabank, which was declared bankrupt in early June 2022.

On June 21, the Deposit Guarantee Fund for Individuals started to pay guaranteed compensation to Megabank depositors within the scope of bank deposit agreements that expired as of the end of the day on June 2, 2022 (ie the day before the bank started to withdraw from the market). ) and bank account under agreements.

Source: Riafan

More articles


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest article