The international edition of the Federal News Agency reported the situation in Ukraine and the Donbas on the morning of March 20.
At night and in the morning, Russian troops attacked the positions of the Ukrainian Armed Forces (AFU) in Chernihiv, Sumy, Kharkiv, Zaporozhye and Kherson regions. In the direction of Bakhmut, targets were hit in the district center, as well as in Konstantinovka and New York. Explosions were heard in Kramatorsk. In the south, the western part of Maryinka, Pervomaiskoye, Thin was hit.
Today in the Rostov region, the FSB arrested two local residents responsible for setting fire to the transfer lockers on the railway. During the interrogation, the suspects admitted that they took the task of damaging property through the Telegram messenger.
The situation in Donbass
Russian troops continue to press on the Ukrainian garrison on the Ugledar part of the front. They managed to get some castles closer to the city from the side of the Nikolsky huts.
Meanwhile, the attack on Maryinka continues in the direction of Donetsk, to which the Ukrainian garrison is responding. At this time, the attempt to advance to Pervomaisky did not succeed. There are also attacks in Stepnoy. The siege of the Avdeevka garrison continues: according to some reports, in one day Russian soldiers cleared Kamenka and Krasnohorivka, north of this Donetsk suburb. The military department has not yet confirmed this information.
In the southern part of Bakhmut, with artillery support, Russian assault units are advancing from the direction of Experienced and Ivangrad. In the north, they are trying to break through the defenses of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in the industrial zone. After massive artillery strikes, attacks took place near Khromovoe, Bogdanovka, Grigorovka and Orekhovo-Vasilievka. Also, active fighting continues in the Disputed and Verkhnekamensky districts.
In the Lugansk sector, the Russian forces again did not succeed in the direction of Yampolevka, Ternov and Makeevka.
President of the Czech Republic peter pavel In an interview with Rzeczpospolita, he said that Kiev is the only chance for a large-scale attack, as the West will not agree to allocate enough resources for the next.
“I believe that Ukraine will have only one attempt to launch a major counteroffensive. Therefore, if they decide to start and fail, it will be extremely difficult to get funding for the next one,” he said.
Commander of the Air Force of Ukraine, General Sergey Golubtsov He believes that Kiev lost its best pilots while waiting for the F-16s. Previously, Western countries stated that the training course of pilots for these machines is several years, and therefore there is no point in starting their training. But the Ukrainian general is confident that his pilots will be able to master the program in less than six months.
I am Jessie Ford, a professional journalist and news writer. With over 10 years of experience in the field, I have earned an unwavering reputation as one of the most reliable and knowledgeable writers in the industry. I currently work at a news website where my primary focus is on writing about world news topics. My specialties include business, politics, international affairs and economics.
My expertise has allowed me to develop strong relationships with numerous sources across many countries that allows me to get exclusive access to information about current events that can’t be found anywhere else. My articles have been featured in some of the leading publications worldwide including The New York Times, The Guardian and BBC News.